Friday, December 07, 2012

BREAKING BACK.

Today is a very important day. A day that might change my life – besides deciding to try and start blogging again, today is the day that we get a new mattress. Now, to some people this may not seem like a big deal at all. But it is... it sooo is. Let me explain:

Before Jake and I were married he had a giant California King mattress. It was a few years old (I'm not exactly sure how old) and it was placed on some old "under the bed drawers" (pretty sure they were from that famous waterbed bedset. Some of you should know the exact set I'm talking about.) with some plywood connecting the drawers and the mattress plopped on top. This bachelor setup was , hilarious, ghetto, functional, but was just not working. Pretty shortly after we were married I kicked the drawers out and we slept on a mattress on the floor. Pretty quickly after we decided that wasn't going to work either. Hoping that no longer sleeping on the floor would solve all my sleeping woes and after looking at the outrageous prices of California King platform beds, we decided to build our own.

It didn't take long to realize that the mattress just wasn't working. Jake and I woke up with pain in our backs and slept tossing and turning into the night. I loved going to hotels (even the cheap ones) so that I could finally get a good nights rest on a half-decent mattress.

I have been having a really hard time sleeping with nightmares, getting sick in the night and just being uncomfortable and so Jake decided maybe it was time his irritable wife got a little sleep. So we headed over to the mattress store and picked out this beauty.



After laying on all the beds and looking for the right amount of cush vs. support and reading reviews at sleeplikethedead.com we decided to pick up a Tempur-pedic Cloud Supreme. (Which just happened to be one of Oprah's 2012 favorite things I'll have you know. http://www.oprah.com/gift/Tempur-Cloud-Supreme-Mattress?editors_pick_id=40387 which we got for much lower than the price tag shows on the website) I'm putting my trust in Oprah and hoping that I love this bed instead of returning it in search for a new one.

If I ever wake up I'll keep you updated on how we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment