Friday, December 07, 2012

'TIS THE SEASON FOR BLACK WHITE & GOLD

So Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of the year. However it seems like the first two years that we were married we never had time to do any fun decorating. (school & work can do that to a girl) And this was the first year I was really able to put forth any effort. 

So as some of you know I'm the biggest fan of black and white. I could live in a black and white world & be perfectly content. I'm a lucky girl because almost everything at my work is black and white along with everything in my house. In fact, the guy that came to deliver the mattress today said, "Wow, you guys really like black and white don't you." – I most certainly do. So what else would I do for Christmas besides black, white & gold. 

I wanted to keep it simple, yet sophisticated and just couldn't get myself to do red and green in my primarily black white and wood home. So, here are some of my favorite pieces. 


1. My "Ugly Sweater Christmas Throw": I fell in love. $25 Home Goods

2. My hot chocolate station: Apothecary- Tai Pan, 1/2 off; Gold Plate- Tai Pan $2; Small Jars- Tai Pan $2.50 for all 3. Fill jars with Hot Cocoa Mix, mini marsh mellows, chocolate chips, peppermints & anything else you may want.

3. Merry & Bright Chalkboard: Chalkboard I made a while ago. Used a projector to project design & traced with chalk and hung beaded garland scalloped around the top.

4. Advent Calendar: Advent Calendar I designed and attached to rope and hang across my mantle. I wrote little love notes to the husband for each day. 

5. My fabulous wreath: Purchased at Home Goods for $40 dollars. After about a half hour pacing back and forth deciding on whether or not I should get it. I decided that a wreath that perfect was meant to be.

6. Christmas Card Garland: 20ft. of live garland purchased from Lowes for about $12 dollars. After securing it tightly to the banister (not swooping) I wrapped a cute natural ribbon around the garland and clipped my favorite Christmas cards on to show them off.

7. Glitter Deer: Jake about died when I walked around the corner at TJ Maxx with this in my hand and the "I have to have this" smile on my face. It was about $12.

It's not very much and we don't have a tree up yet, but, I love it. And it's the first time that our house has been festive around the holidays. So eat drink & be merry this holiday season and enjoy the feelings it brings!

2 comments:

  1. Love it all! We're still in that stuck in school phase so our Christmas stuff is a whole bunch of random, can't wait til I have the time to make it how I want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think eventually I will have a house filled with all this great cohesive decorations. But for now, these will have to do! However, I have seen some of your crafts & they are wonderful.

      Delete