Friday, September 09, 2011

MISSIONARIES ARE HEARTBREAKERS...

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen a friend send off her missionary. In love and dying for him to come back the day he leaves. I remember and old roommate of mine use to run to the mail box in the morning to see if there was word from her man. If there was, excitement filled her day and all seemed to go well. If there wasn't, gloom. The day was practically worthless and everything seemed a little darker. Because of watching girls go through this situation, I decided that life, was not the life for me. I didn't want a letter to have that much control over my mood, I didn't want to worry all the time about someone that I couldn't just text and ask if they were okay. That was my decision and I made it to my wedding day without ever having to run to my mailbox.

Little did I know that this little guy was going to cause some problems.

Ahh, but he did. Last Wednesday my little brother took off to the MTC. I was so excited that he made the choice to go and extremely proud. But it was awful. We dropped him off at the curb and seeing all of those other missionaries there made me cry. Then one quick hug and his back was turned and they were taking him off. That began the worry. I hope he's okay. I hope he's not scared. Heart break. I miss my little bro a lot. Not that I got to see him that often but if I wanted to I could. I miss his funny facebook posts that I would always read aloud to whoever was around. And this morning when I woke up, I found myself rushing to the mailbox in hope for a letter... Nestled inside that little box was a letter from Elder Mason Ellison. And excitement filled my day and everything seemed to go well. No matter how hard I tried to avoid it, unexpectedly, it came. <3 Lil Mas.



No comments:

Post a Comment