Thursday, September 08, 2011

WHAT THE SHIP?!

Ugh... So my mom has always joked that I have her bad luck. And although I tried to deny it I have been forced to surrender into acceptance. From dumb little things like getting rear ended and having the insurance company claim it was my fault, to getting a following too close ticket for following my dad on the way to see my new niece, note the man that actually rear ended me just years earlier did not even receive one of those. 


Driving has indeed caused it's misfortunes in my life, but my real beef is with online shopping. Shipping just never seems to go my way. My husband on the other hand is the exact opposite. While I'm sitting in the fetal position terrified that things wont work out, he's relaxing telling me that everything will. Things work out for him. Things go terribly wrong for me. He also denied it at first but now laughs because he can't believe how true it is. Where has my good Karma gone? 


So... this brings me to my story. Every time I buy something online, something seems to go wrong. It takes an extra week for my expedite mail to arrive, the wrong item arrives, something. But nothing compares to the shipping fiasco that was this week. 


It all started last Wednesday when I ordered my books for my classes. It was Labor Day so I had an extra day off of class and needed the books by Tuesday. So, I 2 day shipped them. They shipped that day and I started tracking them. Friday night when checking my shipping it said the packages had arrived. Go outside Saturday morning to get them... Nothing. Oh no. I called this small company called OnTrac and asked them where my package was. They told me the driver was gone for the weekend and they couldn't help me till Tuesday. I told them that there was a reason that I ordered 2 day... they didn't seem to care.


Tuesday rolled around and I called back. They said that on Wednesday they would send the driver back to the area where he dropped off my package to look for it. And that they would let me know if he found it... Hmm. I was not happy. So, Wednesday I waited for that package to be delivered, nothing. I called on Tuesday and they told me that the driver claims he "re-delivered" my package. I walk outside and no such luck. This was the point where I threw a bit of a fit because I had an assignment that was due from that book at 4 that evening. I told them their driver was an idiot or a liar and they told me it's wrong to find the right house in the dark even the 2nd time around. Obviously frustrated and remembering what got my brain working when I was in customer service threw around reporting them to the BBB and to Amazon whom they contract with. They promised that they would send the delivery man BACK out that night to find the package. I called Amazon where the nice customer service lady helped me bag on the absurdness of their story. She told me they would overnight me a replacement. I was so relieved, until she said "uh oh"... We're actually out of stock on that book. It will be a few weeks. I told her thanks and If I don't see my book tonight I call for a refund in the morning. So... frustrated I found a forum online where 500+ people had complained about this company and added my complaint to the list. I was contacted by their online advocate who must have taken my BBB threat seriously because my package finally arrived on my door step that night... one hour after I needed it. 


Lesson learned, have Jake order everything online, we will pay for standard shipping and it will still show up within two days. Because that's how his online buying mojo works.


At least I had these yummy pink lemonade cupcakes to scarf down in my mess.







No comments:

Post a Comment