Sunday, September 18, 2011

THE REBEL IN ME... YIKES.

This is a story about shoplifting. (Please keep reading while I explain myself).



It all started Holy War morning. I had family pictures at 5:30 and didn't have anything to fit the colors that were chosen. I had searched on and off the previous weeks, but nothing. So at about 8:30 I woke up and continued my search. I forgot my phone at home and had no make-up on (this will give you an idea of how not put together I was that day). So, I started out at a store that seemed like it would have potential family photo outfit candidates. I was right, there were some cute sweaters. I decided to try them on and none were up to par. 

Frustrated, I left that store and drove to another one. After searching the 2nd store for about a half an hour I gathered my likes and headed to try them on. I entered the dressing room and here is where the funny stuff happened, I unzipped my jacket that I left my house wearing, to find a new and strange blue tank underneath... First, confusion. Second, GASP! That was the tank I had tried on with the sweaters at the previous store. I almost died right there in my favorite store. I ran out of the dressing room now with full knowledge of what I had done... Unknowingly walked out of the store with their un-purchased merchandise. 

I wanted to run right back to the first store to return my blue exaltation killer, but my imagination got the best of me and I pictured myself going to return it and the security team at the store just waiting for me as I pull up, from there they would take me into a dark room and interagate me as I plead for sympathy that it really was an dumb accident. I also thought that because I had no cell phone they could hold me prisoner as long as they wanted and Jake would never know... So I added a stop at my house where my husband was soundly sleeping. I ran in screaming that I had accidentally stolen a tank top as I ripped off my jacket so he could see that unholy piece of clothing, tag and all. He bursted out laughing... I didn't think it was as amusing. Slowly he got up and got dressed to help me out of the mess I had created. My sweet husband returned to the store with me slouching in the car and walked in and placed the tank back where I had found it. No cops, no interigation rooms, nothing. Thankfully. But on an even brighter note, I got to watch the UTES win, while I sit in the middle of a bunch of BYU fanatics. Ha ha bliss.

p.s. Don't judge me. 

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Awesome, CHELSEY! I don't think we can be friends anymore! Just kidding! That's great! Good thing you have Jake to help you out. Glad it is all resolved and everything is okay! I am disappointed I didn't get to see your mug shot though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh wow, thats intense! I'm glad you were not arrested. DId you not even say anything to the poeple that worked there? You just put it back and left? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notice that I just posted a comment. This is an amazing experience and will go on my list of my many blessings for today. Blessing # 12- was FINALLY able to post on Chelsey's blog.

    ReplyDelete