Saturday, July 16, 2011

Porcupine Mirror.

So I have a healthy obsession with quirky unusual decor. I am always in for getting something funky! So when I saw this porcupine mirror I knew I HAD to have it!


Well, since i'm not made of mucho bucks, I decided I was going to make one myself. 

I saw this tutorial on Pinky Brown blog

http://pinkybrowninc.blogspot.com/2010/10/diy-porcupine-quill-mirror.html

And that was all the inspiration I needed.

So, with a foam wreath, bamboo sticks a mirror and some paint, I came up with this lovely, all for about $30... :)

DIY Porcupine Mirror

Add caption

DIY Porcupine Mirror







3 comments:

  1. You guys did any awesome job!!!! I love it. Looks so close to the original. I like how you did the thicker border around the mirror. It was what I wanted to do on my next one.. when ever that might be... haha
    But I have to know, do you really have it hanging on the staircase wall...and how do you not fear bumping into it??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jade! Ha ha no, that was not it's permanent residence, I just hadn't found a place for it yet! We have it hanging out of the way above a shelf now.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this mirror almost a year ago and I was trying to convince my husband that we should buy it, it would be a great investment piece. Seeing it now DIY style, motivates me. What did you do differently that pinkybrown? So you used a wreath instead of a foam disc? How many rows of bamboo did you create? Did you hand paint the white and the black? Very inquisitive, I am! Great job and I am definitely inspired.

    ReplyDelete