Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hanging on!

I haven't updated this in a while. I apologize. Things have been soo good but soo busy. We are both so excited for summer we could die! This month has been a fun one. We've been married for 4 months now and I am pretty sure we still love each other... so we're golden. This month we attended Jakes missionary reunion. It was fun to go however, we mostly just hung out with the Hunsaker's and the Thornock's who live down by us anyways.

It was our good buddy Berks birthday this last week and we went to Salt Lake to eat at a place that I can't think of the name right now. And that was fun. 

Jakes made a ton of progress with his health and can bend his wrists further than I have ever seen him do before. I have been trying to fatten him up. However, I have not had much luck. I have been trying to expand my cooking to gluten free dairy free. Here is some of what I have made...

Nachos. These are Jakes favorite. He would eat them every day if I let him. However, I don't like to eat them that much so he has to go without quite a bit. I don't know how he's not a little fatty. This plate that he eats by himself has a pound of turkey burger on it and about the same in cheese. Hence why I don't join in most of the time. 

This, if you couldn't tell, is alfredo sauce. Jake always said as soon as he is better again he is going to eat a ton of chicken alfredo. Since I feel bad that he can't eat whatever he want I figured out how to make it and adhere to his diet. It was actually pretty delightful considering! 

These were one of my favorites. Jake begged for Nachos one day and I just couldn't get myself to do it again. So using gluten free flour mix I made a cheese biscuit type thing and we dipped it in sugar free dairy free queso. Wahoo! 
School is going well. I am almost done for the semester and I am clinging to the little bit of sanity I have left. I may have let some things slip recently but it needs to happen sometimes to keep someone surviving. 

Here is a glimpse of a fun project I am working on at school. 
It's in it's very rough stages but you get the general idea. I have been loving this whole motion graphics thing and want to keep learning it, however my class for it is almost done.

This summer I am taking a processing class. I have never done anything like it so it will be interesting to see what it involves and how well I do. Other than that our life is going to be pretty easy going this summer.

Oh and I almost forgot! My little brother Mason is submitting his paperwork for his mission. I will miss him so much but hey, one less person to hog Monroes attention.

Here is the photo of the handsome fella! Couldn't love him more!


Anyways, I'll try and update more but here is what we've been up to for now!

1 comment:

  1. We had lots of fun with you guys at the mission reunion, we need to get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete