Friday, February 25, 2011

It took my breath away...


Etsy... It's my favorite place for browsing and getting ideas. Months ago I ran across this abstract artist that is absolutely amazing. She does all sorts of colorful poured pieces. I watch many amazing pieces come and go. Jake and I decided that we would like to purchase one for our home. However, none of the pieces that she had shuffled through seemed quite right for me. Until I saw this one yesterday and it took my breath away.


Consider it purchased 15 minutes after it was posted. I love how this is going to look w/ my cute red couch. I have also been excited to add more color to that room then just red white and black. So... I have been looking for a hutch, sideboard, cabinet to add to our family room to organize our media boxes and hide the cords they come with. I have been searching for a couple months now because I wanted something I could repaint and that was a cheap DIY. 

Turns out yesterday was my day, because not only did I get my painting. I bought for 10$ this perfect piece that I will repaint yellow to put in our family room. I know it doesn't look like much now, but I have big plans for this thing! 


After this gets done it's just completing the room w/ crazy things I find to put in the room. And last but not lease some Curtains to replace those vertical blinds. 

Let's see... What else is new? 

Jake got his motorcycle up and running just in time for the 6 inches of snow this morning. Yesterday I came home from work and he was fixing his bike, it needed a new battery. We have always teased that it's his other girlfriend, her name is Alexis... I'm started to think this was less funny when I went to kiss him and realized he was staring at that bike of his, while kissing me. But, it is beautiful so it's hard to beat that thing...

School still sucks. I hate that I always feel like there is much to do. I would like to have some time to do absolutely nothing at all. How grand would that be? Aww... 

Well, at least I'm producing some good work this semester. This was my second project ever using after effects. I am really loving the whole Motion Graphics thing. Making things move bring another sense of life to them that can be hard to accomplish in print design. 




Ohhh! Some terrific news, Jake and I are going to be getting a new baby niece in July. His sister Mindy found out a little bit ago. I am so excited to have another niece and so happy that Mindy is going to be getting a little princess.

Also coming up in July I get to meet my new brother-in-law Luke whom I have never met before. He has been on a mission to New Zealand and will be coming home in July so I am so excited because I have heard that he is rather fantastic.

Shortly after that my little brother Mason and Jakes little brother Zack will be leaving for their missions. So I guess we better enjoy those guys while we have the chance.

That's all for now!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good clip!! I was very entertained, and I think it was really well done! Hope things are going well :)

    ReplyDelete