Sunday, January 02, 2011

FROSTBITE

So this break has been amazing. Being able to spend the Holidays with my sweetie is the best. Who knew I was missing out on so much goodness last year? For New Years eve we went snowmobiling. My first time going with Jake. Anyone who knows Jake knows he loves to snowmobile and anyone who knows me knows I hate the cold. So it's probably a good thing we got married right before snowmobile season or who knows what the outcome would have been? ;) Jake got me an amazing new coat, snow pants and a beanie for Christmas and we headed off Friday to Daniels Summit. As soon as I stepped out of the car I knew I was out of my element but decided to tough it up anyways. The closed helmet Jake had planned on my wearing was way to big and so we chose another. We started riding for about 30 seconds when we realized that helmet wouldn't work either. The inside had not only fogged up, but had iced over and I could not see the way we were turning causing me to lean wrong and the snowmobile to tip. Grr. I ended up taking off in an open face helmet... No ninja mask underneath... nothing. Hanging on to the back of Jakes snowmobile riding up the road I was crying. Freezing beyond belief. My feet were cold, my hands were freezing off and I couldn't feel my face, we had been going for about 2 minutes. Anyways, after about 2 1/2 3 hours of me and Jake switching off driving so I would have a shot of holding onto the hand warmers we arrived back to the car. (I stopped crying about half way I'll have you know) My disappointed husband was sweet and let me go straight to the truck to warm up, which took about an hour. In the truck I was able to see what the temperature was down at the parking lot. -5. So That made me feel less bad about how miserable I was. Nothing is that fun that cold. When we got home just as I suspected I found a cold frostbite mark on my left cheek, a battle wound I suppose. Jake and I finished off the night at a family Bingo party and I kissed my new husband into the New Year. I am so lucky to have him!

1 comment: