Tuesday, September 09, 2014

SERIOUS KITCHEN POTENTIAL

I know it's been forever since my last post, things get busy and updating doesn't seem as important. But I have had a lot of people talk to me about why I stopped posting my projects up here. So I decided I would do my best to keep a few of you guys as up to date as possible and post resources/tutorials.

Right now I'm focused on my kitchen and really trying to get it all wrapped up so that I can start enjoying my kitchen to the fullest. When we walked through our house I was thrilled that my cabinets were white. Once we moved into my house I realized that the brush strokes, drips, and off-white color weren't exactly what I had in mind. Which is why this kitchen needs a bit of an overhaul.

Here is my kitchen now... (Ignore the photoshopped faucet.)



And here are my plans for the kitchen.


All terrible photoshop jobs aside, it's adorable. 

Here is our checklist:

Install spiral faucet

Install Hardware   (We are going with the Audrey Pull for the cabinets and the Duluth Pull for the drawers. These were a big of a splurge for me, but I after a year of longing I caught them on sale for 8$ a piece and pulled the trigger. FYI if you're looking to get these, they're stunning but you'll need to order different screws. We had a few break off in our cabinet without much resistance. Annoying.)

Paint the Kitchen Benjamin Moore Gray Mist

Paint the Cabinets using Benjamin Moore Advanced Paint in White Dove

Install subway tile with a medium gray grout. (What are your thoughts on gray grout? At first I was undecided, but I am falling in loove.)

Install some kind of floating wood shelf.

Install Schoolhouse Electric semi flush mount light.

It's not a long list, but appears to have a big pay off, so I'm super excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment