Friday, September 23, 2011

THE ANGRY POSTMAN/WOMAN

So... have you ever been so frustrated that you just want to smash destroy something? Apparently, that is how my post man/woman feels on a daily bases.
exhibit A.


Now this photo, is not even the worst of the nonsense. Now, I know it's hard to see in this photo, half of our mail is torn, scrunched, or bent. I first really noticed this when I got a wedding invitation that was completely torn and bent.... so I thought maybe the mailman was saying "you check your mail more often missy." I have made a serious attempt to clean out my mailbox on a daily basis.... and still smash, crunch, DESTROY. I am not thrilled that my husband is going to have to turn in a half crumpled government form to his employer that was shoved in that mess. I don't know what's going on in their personal life, but they should their frustration out of my mailbox. ;) ha ha gives me a good laugh, daily.

On a later note, I totally geeked out at the type museum in Provo this week. 

See this machine? It's called a lineotype. Seriously, I got so excited, my palms started to sweat and I wanted to run up and start typing on it soo bad. 


Here is a video so you can hear the magical goodness of what this machine is. It took individual metal letters and instead of having to hand place them for a print it dropped them down a shoot in order... Learn about it if you haven't. 

And that wasn't the end of my geeking for the week. Yesterday I got to listen to Jessica Hishe 


She does custom lettering and design. I swooned over her work the whole time it was up on the projector. She's so young and talented and absolutely hilarious. I made Jake go with me and while he enjoyed it, it wasn't quite the same to him. Jessica does stuff like this.


That's just one example of her wonderfulness. 

Oh and on another design geek note, it's such a good feeling to see your logo on the store shelves like I did the other week.... Who would have thought standing in line to check out, that me, Chelsey Oldham would look over and see this. Pretty exciting. :)






1 comment: