Tuesday, May 03, 2011

I smell like stain.

So I have been dying for a shelf that goes above my couch for my amazing Wos Studios original. I was going to go get the regular Ikea ledge that looks like this one...(but the length of my couch)

Instead, I decided I wanted to do an old rustic barnwood ledge to bring some warmth into the house. However, barnwood is expensive and not that easy to come across. So I decided I would try and make it look like it with a stain. So Jake and I went and got a large pallet (The length of the wood just happened to be the exact length for our couch. I was stoked.) My handsome husband cleared the beams from the rest of the pallet and I was ready. With some dark oak stain from the hardware store (about 3 bucks) and some nails I made this lovely thing.... 




The pictures that you see upside down and stuff next to it are just a layout of how the frames will look. I am going to be putting black and white divinci, dali sketches in it so that it has flair without taking away from the painting.

And, that's not my last project of the night. I found this giant lightbulb in the trash a few years back and knew I wanted to do something with it. I have been holding onto it for years. This is what came of it last night... 


After this part I made poor Jake run to wal-mart with me at midnight to get some of these cute tangerine and white flowers that I saw the other day. What a fantastic splash of spring!



Anyways. That's the how thus far. I am loving it.


2 comments:

  1. Chels-
    I love love love the light bulb vase! I want to find a big light bulb now. I also love what you did with the shelf! Especially the painting on it. Did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linds! I was way happy with how it turned out! I found mine in the trash. So get searchin'! lol. I actually got the painting off etsy. It's from WOS Studios. She's fantastic. I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete